The UC Center Sacramento Thursday Speaker Series
The UC Center Sacramento (UCCS) offers weekly public lectures by UC faculty on a variety of public policy issues. Attendees include UCCS students, legislative staff, employees of state agencies and departments, advocates, and members of the general public. UCCS invites faculty members from any UC campus to deliver lectures summarizing new findings or synthesizing information with potential implications for state policy.
Lectures may address any policy-relevant topic, but each year the Center puts together several mini-series which emphasize special themes, in 2014-15 the mini-series focused on: 1) Energy, Environment and Water; 2) Equality, Inequality and Prosperity; and 3) California 2034: Policymaking Beyond the Next Election Cycle. In 2015-2016 our mini-series will focus on: 1) Revenue and Taxation; 2) Public Health; and 3) Water Policy.
The public talks are held on Thursdays at noon and lunch is provided. A list of upcoming talks is available on the UC Center Sacramento website at uccs.ucdavis.edu. Any individual who wishes to attend a public talk can register at uccs.ucdavis.edu/events. The views and opinions expressed during our hosted lectures are those of the speaker and do not necessarily represent the views of the University of California or the UC Center Sacramento.
For more information on speaking at UCCS contact Kristina Victor email@example.com the Speakers Series Coordinator at the UC Center.
uccs bacon public lectureship award winner
DR. MICHAEL GOTTFRIED
Please click here to view UCCS BACON LECTURESHIP WHITEPAPER.
Please click here to view UCCS BACON LECTURESHIP POLICY BRIEF.
Pre-K for English Language Learners Premieres on UCTV:
"Which Pre-Kindergarten Options are Best Preparing English Language Learners to Start School? "
Please click here for more information on our UCCS Bacon Public Lectureship and White Paper Competition.
- "What Does Research Tell Us About Minimum Wage?" Apr 30, 2015 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- David Neumark, Professor of Economics, Director, Center for Economics & Public Policy, University of California, Irvine
- "Multitasking in the Digital Age"... May 07, 2015 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Gloria Mark, Professor in Department of Infomatics, University of California, Irvine.
- "Behind the Scenes in Ronald Reagan's White House"... May 14, 2015 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Matthew Beckmann, Associate Professor, Political Science, University of California, Irvine
- "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth" May 21, 2015 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- J. Bradford Delong, Professor of Economics, University of California, Berkeley
Also in this section
- Past Events
- Events which have already happened.