The UC Center Sacramento Thursday Speaker Series
The UC Center Sacramento (UCCS) offers weekly public lectures by UC faculty on a variety of public policy issues. Attendees include UCCS students, legislative staff, employees of state agencies and departments, advocates, and members of the general public. UCCS invites faculty members from any UC campus to deliver lectures summarizing new findings or synthesizing information with potential implications for state policy.
Lectures may address any policy-relevant topic, but each year the Center puts together several mini-series which emphasize special themes, in 2015-16 the mini-series focused on: 1) Water Use & Security; 2) Health and Health Care; and 3) Taxation and Revenue. In 2016-2017 our mini-series will focus on: 1) ; 2) Clean Energy; and 3) Civic Engagement.
The public talks are held on Thursdays at noon and lunch is provided. A list of upcoming talks is available on the UC Center Sacramento website at uccs.ucdavis.edu. Any individual who wishes to attend a public talk can register at uccs.ucdavis.edu/events. The views and opinions expressed during our hosted lectures are those of the speaker and do not necessarily represent the views of the University of California or the UC Center Sacramento.
To evaluate or provide feedback on any of our Thursday speakers please use our new online evaluation form . For more information on speaking at UCCS contact Jaime Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org the Speakers Series Coordinator at the UC Center.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW RECORDED TALKS
- Just Economics? What American Youth Learn About Economic Inequality and Poverty in High School Classrooms Feb 23, 2017 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Professor John Rogers, UC Los Angeles
- UCCS Bacon Public Lectureship: The Intergenerational Transmission of Poverty and the Long Reach of Child Health and Nutrition Programs Mar 01, 2017 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- UCCS Bacon Public Lectureship with Professor Marianne Page, UC Davis
- CAR Collaboration – California’s Veterans Housing and Homeless Prevention Program (Proposition 41) at Mid-Course. Mar 09, 2017 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Dr. Kenneth Kizer, UC Davis
- California and Mexico: The Need for Joint Policies to Maintain Competitiveness Mar 16, 2017 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- The Honorable Denise Ducheny, Senior Policy Advisor at UC San Diego’s Center for U.S.-Mexican Studies (USMEX)
Also in this section
- Past Events
- Events which have already happened.