The UC Center Sacramento Thursday Speaker Series
The UC Center Sacramento (UCCS) offers weekly public lectures by UC faculty on a variety of public policy issues. Attendees include UCCS students, legislative staff, employees of state agencies and departments, advocates, and members of the general public. UCCS invites faculty members from any UC campus to deliver lectures summarizing new findings or synthesizing information with potential implications for state policy.
Lectures may address any policy-relevant topic, but each year the Center puts together several mini-series which emphasize special themes, in 2015-16 the mini-series focused on: 1) Water Use & Security; 2) Health and Health Care; and 3) Taxation and Revenue. In 2015-2016 our mini-series will focus on: 1) ; 2) Clean Energy; and 3) Civic Engagement.
The public talks are held on Thursdays at noon and lunch is provided. A list of upcoming talks is available on the UC Center Sacramento website at uccs.ucdavis.edu. Any individual who wishes to attend a public talk can register at uccs.ucdavis.edu/events. The views and opinions expressed during our hosted lectures are those of the speaker and do not necessarily represent the views of the University of California or the UC Center Sacramento.
To evaluate or provide feedback on any of our Thursday speakers please use our new online evaluation form . For more information on speaking at UCCS contact Jaime Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org the Speakers Series Coordinator at the UC Center.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW RECORDED TALKS
- "California's LatinAsian Majority: What Does It Mean for CIvic Engagement". Sep 29, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Karthick Ramakrishan, UC Riverside
- Clean Energy Panel - Talk title TBA Oct 06, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Stephen Kaffka, UC Davis and Catherine Brinkley, UC Davis
- Clean Energy Panel Oct 13, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Whendee Silver, UC Berkeley
- CSUS/UC Collaboration on Civic Engagement Oct 20, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Danielle Martin, CSUS
- Bringing the Cloud Down to Earth: Computing as if Infrastructure Mattered. Oct 27, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Jean-Francoise Blanchette,UCLA
- "Reading the Fine Print: An Experimental Test of Campaign Finance Reforms" Nov 03, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Matt Lesenyie, ESA
- "Povery and Inequality in CA - emphasis on recent article about the drought". Nov 10, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Sasha Abramsky, UC Davis
- UCCS/ESSPRI Collaboration on Childhoold Povery Nov 17, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- David Neumark, UC Irvine, Jacob Vigdor, UW, Heather Hill, UW, UCCS/ESSPRI Collaboration on Childhood Poverty
- UCCS Housing Lectureship Dec 01, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Paavo Monkkonen, UC Los Angeles
Also in this section
- Past Events
- Events which have already happened.