The UC Center Sacramento Thursday Speaker Series
The UC Center Sacramento (UCCS) offers weekly public lectures by UC faculty on a variety of public policy issues. Attendees include UCCS students, legislative staff, employees of state agencies and departments, advocates, and members of the general public. UCCS invites faculty members from any UC campus to deliver lectures summarizing new findings or synthesizing information with potential implications for state policy.
Lectures may address any policy-relevant topic, but each year the Center puts together several mini-series which emphasize special themes, in 2014-15 the mini-series focused on: 1) Energy, Environment and Water; 2) Equality, Inequality and Prosperity; and 3) California 2034: Policymaking Beyond the Next Election Cycle. In 2015-2016 our mini-series will focus on: 1) ; 2) Health and Health Care; and 3) Taxation and Revenue
The public talks are held on Thursdays at noon and lunch is provided. A list of upcoming talks is available on the UC Center Sacramento website at uccs.ucdavis.edu. Any individual who wishes to attend a public talk can register at uccs.ucdavis.edu/events. The views and opinions expressed during our hosted lectures are those of the speaker and do not necessarily represent the views of the University of California or the UC Center Sacramento.
To evaluate or provide feedback on any of our Thursday speakers please use our new online evaluation form . For more information on speaking at UCCS contact Jaime Jackson at email@example.com the Speakers Series Coordinator at the UC Center.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW RECORDED TALKS
- "Learning to Leverage a UC for K-20 Opportunities to Learn" Jun 30, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Mica Pollock, Professor of Education Studies and Director of the Center for Research on Educational Equity, Assessment and Teaching Excellence, UC San Diego
- "Climate, Drought, and Change: Where We're At, How We Know, and California's Future". Jul 07, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Michael Anderson, State Climatologist, Department of Water Resources, California.
- "Bans vs Fees: Disposable Carryout Bag Policies and Bag Usage" Jul 21, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:05 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Rebecca Taylor, UCCS Emerging Scholars Winner, UC Berkeley
- "The Great Experiment: Realigning Criminal Justice in California and Beyond" Jul 28, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Carole Seron, Professor and Dean of Social Ecology and Charis Kubrin, Professor of Criminology, Law and Society, UC Irvine
- "Physician Participation in Medi-Cal is not Keeping Pace with Growth in Enrollment" Aug 04, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Janet Coffman, Associate Professor in the Institute for Health Policy Studies, UC San Francisco
- "Rubber Tires, Residents, and Genrification in Los Angeles" Aug 11, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Anne Brown, UCCS Emerging Scholars Winner, PhD Candidate, UC Los Angeles
- "The Economics of Groundwater Management" Aug 18, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM — 1130 K Street, Room LL3,
- Cynthia Lin, Association Professor in the Department of Agriculture and Resource Economics, UC Davis. Bacon Lectureship Honorable Mention
Also in this section
- Past Events
- Events which have already happened.