Program Cost and Financial Aid
Actual costs will vary upon student need and their available financial aid. The following is an estimated average budget. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
The estimated program costs listed below are based on California residency. Non-Californians will need to add nonresident supplemental tuition.
|2016-2017 Policy Program Expense Budget|
|Housing & Living Expenses||$3,251|
|Total with Health Insurance||$11,579|
|Total w/o Health Insurance||$10,961|
*Tuition and fees may change.
**May be waived with proof of other insurance
|Anticipated 2017 Summer Policy Program Expense Budget|
|Summer Per Unit Fee ($273@14 units + Campus Based Fee)|
|Housing & Living Expenses||$2,800|
Students who have gone through the program in the past have found that the financial aid they received while attending the UC Center Sacramento was comparable to what they received at their home campus. Here are financial aid basics:
- UC Davis is responsible for the awarding of aid to the UCCS policy program participants.
- Students should contact the Federal Processor and add UC Davis school code to the list of FAFSA recipients. The code is 001313.
- Students must inform their home campus Financial Aid office that they will be enrolling at UC Davis for whichever term they choose to participate. This way they do not receive financial aid at both institutions. Campus representatives can be contacted for information on financial aid contacts at home institutions.
- UC Davis is responsible for awarding of aid to the summer UCCS policy program participants.
- Students should add the school code (001313) to their previous years FAFSA to be considered for aid, e.g. if you will be participating in the summer 2016 program, you will need to update your 2015-2016 FAFSA.
- Students must inform their home campus Financial Aid office that they will be enrolling at UC Davis for the summer.
- Summer aid is first-come, first-served and there is limited funding.
Health Justice Scholars Award
UCCS is proud to offer The Health Justice Scholars Award for students who have worked to combat health inequities in the past and/or plan to do so in the future and will use their time at UC Center Sacramento to pursue health justice for California’s residents. The HJSA is made possible by a grant from The California Endowment.
The Health Justice Scholars Award is a $1,500 award intended for students for whom attendance at UCCS is expected to impose additional travel and living expenses beyond usual costs at their home campus.
Students can apply for the HJSA by completing the short essay question on the final page of the UCCS application and submitting their responses with their application. HJSA applications received by the regular UCCS deadline will receive priority consideration.
UC Presidential Fellowship
UC President Janet Napolitano announced the UC Presidential Public Service Fellowships in an effort to “catalyze student interest in public service careers.”
Students who are selected for the fellowships will receive $2,500 in financial support for costs related to participating in UCCS. Fellows will be chosen based on financial need, along with a demonstrated commitment to civic engagement and service for the public good.
Students can apply for the Presidential Public Service Fellowships by completing the short essay questions on Pg. 12 of the UCCS application and submitting their response with their application by the Thursday, May 5th deadline for Fall 2016.