BACON PUBLIC LECTURESHIP AND WHITE PAPER COMPETITION, 2016‐17
- Complete the cover sheet with identifying information, including broad problem to be addressed and proposal title.
- Prepare a structured abstract addressing questions a‐d below (allocate a separate paragraph or section to each question, limiting total length to 750 words):
- What is the specific policy question that your proposed Lecture and White Paper will address? (please see recommended questions on page 2 of the Announcement)
- In what ways is the question important, timely, or controversial? (100 words maximum)
- How (by way of background, prior research, policy experience, or other factors) are you particularly qualified to address this issue? (150 words maximum)
- In the proposed 5000 word White Paper (to be prepared by the winner of the competition and due by early October, 2016), what approaches will you take in addressing the question? Specifically, how will you integrate existing, high‐quality published evidence (including, if relevant, cross‐state comparisons) with your own original theoretical or empirical work to generate policy recommendations that are credible, defensible, and acceptable to the public? (500 words maximum)
- Include an abbreviated CV or biosketch of no more than two pages.
- Send the completed cover sheet, structured abstract, and biosketch as attachments to an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on May 16th, 2016.
- Further information on the Bacon Public Lectureship can be found at: uccs.ucdavis.edu/bacon‐public‐lectureship/bacon‐public‐lectureship‐frequently‐asked‐questions